24th January 2018
It is with great sadness that I would like to give you advance notice of my intention to take early retirement from 31st August 2018. The advance notice is so that the Governors have plenty of time to recruit my successor before September 2018. I plan to make certain that our next Head gets to know the children before September.
My family circumstances have changed recently, and I am planning to be able to spend more time with them when I retire.
I would like to thank you all for being so supportive during my seven years at Grove Street.
My drive and determination to achieve the best outcomes for the children of Grove Street, has not diminished. Until 31st August, Grove Street children, families, staff and Governors, will continue to have my usual commitment, drive and enthusiasm.
I know that Grove Street will continue to be an amazing place for children to grow and learn.
- will endeavour to provide every opportunity for each child to reach their full academic and social potential
- will endeavour to create an environment where mutual cooperation, self discipline and moral values are practised and encouraged
- will enhance and value the partnerships between school, home and the community
- is committed to conservation and will endeavour to sustain a reduced level of pollution and promote energy efficiency
At Grove Street we ‘REACH’ for the Stars:
R - Respet
E - Excellence
A - Achievement
C - Cooperation
H - Happiness.
"Quite simply, I left this school feeling so inspired and uplifted. The children were outstanding and the enthusiasm of everybody in the school has resulted in some fabulous eco work. Visiting a school like this makes my job worthwhile! Well done!”- Eco Assessor 2014.
IMPORTANT Free School Meals & Universal Credit
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ANY PARENTS RECEIVING UNIVERSAL CREDIT OR THINKING OF APPLYING FOR UNIVERSAL CREDIT**
There will be some changes to the eligibility criteria for Free School Meals from 1st April 2018.
From 1st April 2018, a wage threshold will be introduced to parents and carers who receive Universal Credit.
Anyone who works and successfully applies for free school meals before 31st March 2018 will get transitional protection so their child(ren) will continue to receive free school meals either until 2022 or until their child(ren) finishes their current phase of education, regardless of any increase in their earnings level.
Wage thresholds for working parents who also get Universal Credit will mean some parents/carers will not qualify if they make a new Free School Meals application after 1st April 2018.
The advice is to apply immediately for free school meals and certainly before 31st March if you think you may be eligible.
Applications can be made in the usual ways:
- Via the Wirral Council website www.wirral.gov.uk/free-school-meals (please ignore any negative messages received from the eligibility auto checker)
- Via e-mail to email@example.com advising full name, address, date of birth, National Insurance number, names of children and schools attended