Our School Council is a representative group of pupils who have been proposed and elected by their classmates to represent their views and raise issues with the Teachers, Senior Managers and Governors of our school.
Our current School Councillors are:
Christal Rimmer(Chairperson); Liam Gilbert (Vice-Chair); Megan Bate (Treasurer); Hope Robinson(Secretary).
Jayden Lane and Alfie Jones (2B); Tyler Caplin and Layla Gillies Mercer (2E); Millie Rimmer and Ria Brown (3B); Brodie Humphries and Sophia Hughes (3SR); Patryk Szyba and Lucy Colley (4D); Matthew Sheard and Evie Bollans (4K); Eleanor Perks and Naomi (5P); Madison Hargreaves and Mia Domigan (5M); Christal Rimmer and Megan Bate (6SC); Liam Gilbert and Hope Robinson (6H).
The School Council can also propose and take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers.
The object of an effective School Council is to help children and young people to:
- Enjoy and feel empowered by their education.
- Feel that their school responds to their needs and views.
- Have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about issues that affect them.
- Have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place.
- Develop life skills through participation.