Geography at Grove Street
Our Geography curriculum is designed to develop children’s curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Children investigate a range of places - both in Britain and abroad - to help develop their knowledge and understanding of the Earth’s physical and human processes.
Teachers to write their knowledge organisers using the LTP and progression map.
- A knowledge organiser which outlines knowledge (including vocabulary) all children must attain and apply in lessons;
- A cycle of lessons for each subject, which carefully plans for progression and depth concentrating on the geographical skills suited to the age group;
- A quiz which tests prior knowledge and knowledge learnt in the lesson which regularly supports learners¡
- Challenge questions for pupils to apply their learning in a philosophical/open manner;
- Trips and visiting experts who will enhance the learning experience;
- Appropriate curriculum themed home learning tasks which children complete with adults at home.
Our Geography Curriculum is high quality, well thought out and is planned to demonstrate progression. If children are keeping up with the curriculum, they are deemed to be making good or better progress.
In addition, we measure the impact of our curriculum through the following methods:
- A reflection on standards achieved against the planned outcomes;
- Work in their books is appropriate to their age (A.R.E.)
Pupil voice shows knowledge and enjoyment of the subject