Helping your child to read
Parents are encouraged to take an active role in supporting their child’s English learning through:
- Learning Reviews with their child’s teacher in the spring and autumn terms with sharing of Reading and Writing progress and individual pupil targets.
- The uploading by all teachers of English long and medium term planning on the school VLE for informed home learning.
- Star of the Week family assemblies to celebrate achievement and announce initiatives.
- Use of Home Reading records throughout the school for shared home/school observations on reading progress.
- Family Workshops with teacher modelling of approaches to match age and stage expectations.
Click below for a parental overview and practical advice on how to support your child’s development within the programme.