Our School Council is a representative group of pupils who have been proposed and elected by their classmates to represent their views and raise issues with the Teachers, Senior Managers and Governors of our school.
The School Council can also propose and take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers.
The object of an effective School Council is to help children and young people to:
- Enjoy and feel empowered by their education.
- Feel that their school responds to their needs and views.
- Have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about issues that affect them.
- Have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place.
- Develop life skills through participation