Year 3 2019 - 2020
School Closures - COVID - 19
During these unusual times remember we are here to help. We will be in touch regularly through Class Dojo and the website. Keep your eye on the class blogs on here too.
If you need any support accessing any home learning resources please get in touch and we will do our best to help.
After home learning for a few weeks parents have given some feedback on some of the activities.
So far Purple Mash, Power Maths, Epic Reading, Oxford Owl and BBC Bitesize seem to be the most successful. There is a smiley face next to the links for these sites in the list below.
Take care, stay safe xx
To support your child's home learning you could visit the following websites;
Home learning links - this links you to an extensive list of home learning sites and a weekly timetable of learning opportunities
- Power Maths - this resource links directly with the materials we use in school.
- Maths at home - link to White Rose Maths with weekly activities
- Times Tables practise for Year 3 - times table practice on sheets
- Online Maths lessons and activities - a daily maths lesson and activities to do
- https://ttrockstars.com/- Children to log on as normal and practise their times tables
- https://www.ncetm.org.uk/resources/54454 - recommended by our Maths Lead !
- RWI spelling and reading books - linked directly to our phonics and spelling we do in school. You should have been messaged with your child's level for these resources.
- Oxford owl
- Daily Read Write Inc. sessions from home via Facebook and YouTube starting Monday 23rd March.
Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9:30am and 12:30pm
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10am and 1pm
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10:30am and 1:30pm
The videos will only be available during these time slots.
- https://www.getepic.com/ - loads of digital books with new texts assigned to classes each week
- Talk for writing - lots of writing activities
More general websites
- BBC Bitesize - activities planned each day
- Top Marks- lots of games for English and Maths
- Woodlands Junior - good topic activities
- BBC Bitesize History - look at Stone Age, Romans and Anglo Saxons
- BBC Bitesize Geography - look at the UK, rivers and mountains
- BBC Primary History - look at Stone Age, Romans and Anglo Saxons
- Purple mash - new activities set for your class each week
- Fun daily activities
- Home singing resources
- Food a Fact of Life
And to keep them active
Axel Sheffler (Illustrator of The Gruffalo) has illustrated a free online book which explains the Coronovirus to children in a child friendly way.
Explaining Social Distancing to Children - Time to Come In, Bear
Resources to Support Effective Home Learning - Education Endowment Foundation
And remember - this is a very tricky time for us all. The most important thing you can do for your child at this time is spend time together - talk, read a book,draw or make something,dance and sing, bake, go for a walk, give lots of cuddles and most importantly be kind to yourself and make your own rainbow everyday ! xx
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
R Rate 1.01 in NW Schools to pause wider reopening, by Mrs Walsh
Families Under Pressure, by Mrs Stanley
Heswall Round Table and Jordan Scott, by Mrs Stanley