PE and Sports Grant Allocation
2019-2020 Planned Provision
In 2019- 2020 our PE and Sports Premium allocation is £18,470 and this is how we plan to spend it:
- Continued use of the Village Hall to provide excellent space and facilities for PE and develop community links
- Access to high-quality PE sessions delivered by our Sports Coach Mr Matthews
- Access to The Youth Sport Trust primary membership resources
- Developing links with Claremount Specialist Sports College Partnership to provide high-quality CPD
- Thumbs Up mental health and wellbeing for children in KS2
- Mindful Monsters mental health and wellbeing for children in EYFS and KS1
- Developing our Outdoor Learning facilities to increase physical activity and wellbeing
- Extra-curricular clubs and inter-school events to enhance participation and increase physical activity
- Curriculum enrichment activities such as Bikeability, Young First aider award
- Extra PE sessions for Year 6 children to develop My Personal Best character traits
- Additional PE resources to supplement the curriculum
In November 2018, 47.62% of our Year 6 cohort met the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Unfortunately, our current Year 6 were unable to take part in their planned swimming lessons due to Covid-19.