Year 6 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 6!
In Year 6 we believe that team work, collaboration and good communication is essential to all of our wonderful learners' successes. We know that our Year 6 pupils have a fantastic year ahead of them and we aim to ensure they are ready and confident to take the next step to secondary school.
We aim to create even more lasting memories of Grove Street Primary School to take with you through life through trips, residentials, visitors and a happy, safe and stimulating classroom environment.
PE will take place on a Wednesday afternoon so please ensure children have a full kit with them.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact one of the Year 6 team.
We are here to support you with your child's attendance. We will be displaying our class charts to encourage the children to record when they are in school. Remember to contact the school office if your child won't be in school on the first day of absence.
Attending school every day will:
- give your child the best possible start in life
- allow them to experience new and exciting things
- help them to discover their talents and realise their potential
- provide them with the skills to make and keep new friends
School are available to provide help and advice for any family and ask that you contact is if you feel that you would benefit from such support.
'The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go' - Dr Seuss
- All home learning resources and recorded videos can be accessed through dojo. If you need a reminder of your login details then please contact the school office.
- Learning packs are availble to collect every Monday from the school office.
- SPAG, TT Rockstars, GetEpic, Accelerated Reader and Letter join are all accessible from home. If you need logins for this please contact school.
If you need any support with remote learning please contact Miss Ellis or Miss Barke.
Mental Health During Lockdown
Some top tips for coping with lockdown:
- Do things you enjoy - exercise, watch a film, read a book, talk to friends.
- Keep a routine.
- Talk to your family and friends.
- Ask questions if you are unsure about something.
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display