Our school’s vision for oracy is to ensure all children have the best possible starting points and leave our school with the best possible opportunities with an understanding across all staff that oracy unlocks potential, promotes collaboration, supports emotional well-being and is a key skill that children will use to thrive in their futures.
In Year 2, we are working towards the following oracy targets:
● To start to use gesture to support the delivery of ideas e.g. gesturing towardssomeone ifreferencing their idea,
● To adapt how they speak in different situations according to audience.
● To use sentence stems to signal when they are building on or challenging others’ ideas.
● To ask questions to find out more about a subject.
● To build on others’ ideas in discussions.
● To make connections between what has been said and their own and others’ experiences.
Social and emotional
● To start to develop an awareness of audience e.g. what might interest a certain group.
● To be aware of others who have not spoken and to invite them into discussion.
● Confident delivery ofshort pre-prepared material.
Here you can discover a host of activities for family fun and engagement, where everyone can join in.