Our school’s vision for oracy is to ensure all children have the best possible starting points and leave our school with the best possible opportunities with an understanding across all staff that oracy unlocks potential, promotes collaboration, supports emotional well-being and is a key skill that children will use to thrive in their futures.
In Year 5, we are working towards the following oracy targets:
● To project their voice to large audience.
● For gestures to become increasingly natural.
● To use an increasingly sophisticated range of sentence stems with fluency and accuracy.
● To be able to draw upon knowledge of the world to support their own point of view and explore different perspectives
● To spontaneously respond to increasingly complex questions, citing evidence where appropriate.
Social and emotional
● Listening for extended periods of time.
● To speak with flair and passion.