Our school’s vision for oracy is to ensure all children have the best possible starting points and leave our school with the best possible opportunities with an understanding across all staff that oracy unlocks potential, promotes collaboration, supports emotional well-being and is a key skill that children will use to thrive in their futures.
In Year 6, we look are working towards the following oracy targets:
- to speak fluently in front of an audience
- to have a stage prescence
- to consciously adapt tone, pace and volume
- to vary sentence structures and length for effect when speaking
- to be comfortable using idiom and expressions
- to construct a detailed argument or complex narrative.
- to spontaneously respond to increasingly complex questions
Social & Emotional
- to use humour effectively
- to be able to read a room or a group and take action accordingly
- regulate and articulate emotions
- offer kindness and support to other children